Now entering its third decade, Sónar continues to be a yearly highlight for music fans and industry types alike, with last year's relocation to the more spacious Fira Montjuic for the daytime portion of the festival showing a recognition that catering to upwards of 120,000-plus people is now somewhat of a given. At night, the immense Fira Gran Via L'Hospitalet plays hosts to guests such as Four Tet, Matthew Dear, Caribou, Massive Attack, and countless others, but for those after something more intimate—or for ticketless readers—there's a whole slew of independent events on offer around Barcelona that are well worth investigating. In truth, Off-Sónar has arguably become bigger than the festival itself, and certainly features a similar level of star power, at least for those in search of underground electronic music. That being said, there are also plenty of Off-Sónar events offering little more than poolside bros and a limp tech-house soundtrack. With that in mind, XLR8R has pored over the myriad of options that the city has to offer this week and put together what we suspect will make for 10 surefire hits. … Read more »
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player