A Day With Poirier
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Montreal's master beat-maker plays pretty for Quebec.
Musicians and artists have it good in Montreal, as we found out when we spent a day with Ghislain Poirier. Not only do 70-year-old women sip wine in cafes and nod their heads as you and Face-T play your latest murder-lyric soca jam, but the police are totally chill when you set up an illegal 1,200 person party under an overpass! Definitely worth braving -20 degree Celsius winters for.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player