The Juan MacLean Drops the Bomb
- Words: Jennifer Marston
John (a.k.a. Juan) MacLean on how he learned to stop his indie-rock worrying and love disco.
Juan MacLean tells us how he went from beating up DJs in the '90s to actually being one in the '00s. Although MacLean's made a new career for himself out of this whole indie-dance crossover thing, he's still got a skeptical eye on the dance-punk invasion and the "de-gaying" of disco via disco edits. Plus, he shows us his Theremin and his unconventional booty shaking style of playing it.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player