The Juan MacLean Drops the Bomb
- Words: Jennifer Marston
John (a.k.a. Juan) MacLean on how he learned to stop his indie-rock worrying and love disco.
Juan MacLean tells us how he went from beating up DJs in the '90s to actually being one in the '00s. Although MacLean's made a new career for himself out of this whole indie-dance crossover thing, he's still got a skeptical eye on the dance-punk invasion and the "de-gaying" of disco via disco edits. Plus, he shows us his Theremin and his unconventional booty shaking style of playing it.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player