The Juan MacLean Drops the Bomb
- Words: Jennifer Marston
John (a.k.a. Juan) MacLean on how he learned to stop his indie-rock worrying and love disco.
Juan MacLean tells us how he went from beating up DJs in the '90s to actually being one in the '00s. Although MacLean's made a new career for himself out of this whole indie-dance crossover thing, he's still got a skeptical eye on the dance-punk invasion and the "de-gaying" of disco via disco edits. Plus, he shows us his Theremin and his unconventional booty shaking style of playing it.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
XLR8R Downloads Player