The Juan MacLean Drops the Bomb
- Words: Jennifer Marston
John (a.k.a. Juan) MacLean on how he learned to stop his indie-rock worrying and love disco.
Juan MacLean tells us how he went from beating up DJs in the '90s to actually being one in the '00s. Although MacLean's made a new career for himself out of this whole indie-dance crossover thing, he's still got a skeptical eye on the dance-punk invasion and the "de-gaying" of disco via disco edits. Plus, he shows us his Theremin and his unconventional booty shaking style of playing it.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player