DJ Vadim Improves the Formula
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
After beating cancer, the Russian-born, London-bred producer is a track-releasing machine.
When DJ Vadim suddenly went blind in April 2008, he had no idea he was about to face a months-long ordeal with ocular cancer. His operation was a success and he has a new burst of energy, which is apparent on his new album, U Can't Learn Imaginashun. Here, he talks about staying current, shortening attention spans, and coming through the other side.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player