FaltyDL: Garage Beats and Sushi Rolls
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
The prolific jungle obsessive and former sushi chef talks New York Garage and makes an Atlantic roll.
This year has been explosive for New York producer Drew Lustman (a.k.a. FaltyDL). He has three releases on Planet Mu and is breaking new ground with his 2-step/U.K. garage beats. Here, he explains how he learned focus and discipline while working as a sushi chef and shows you how to make an East Coast classic, the Atlantic roll.
For a more detailed Atlantic-roll making video, go here.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player