Duchess Says Knock You Out
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Montreal's Duchess Says is known for personality-driven live shows, less so for early morning breakfast conversation.
Duchess Says has long been a Montreal favorite, but should be a worldwide favorite. During a recent visit for the annual Pop Montreal festival, we caught up with a sleepy Annie-Claude Deschênes and Phillipe Clément over some senior-citizen-discounted grilled cheese sandwiches as they addressed the current state of Montreal music. Then we caught their live show and genius videos and wondered why we suffer through so many lackluster bands that pale in comparison.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player