City Guide: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and LA
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Four of our favorite musicians in four of our favorite cities show off their local watering holes.
In the first of our City Guide episodes, we sent cameras to four different musicians in four different cities to get an idea of what it is that keeps them rooted in their hometowns. Turns out, it's mostly the food. Kim Ann Foxman from Hercules and Love Affair, Ryan Merry (a.k.a. Ghosts on Tape), Rainbow Arabia, and Traxx represent food-wise for New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago, respectively.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant, local scenes. This episode also introduces XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- GearWatch Addison Groove Give an Extensive Tour of His Studio
- NewsCheck Out an 18-Mintue Remix from Ricardo Villalobos and Max Loderbauer
- NewsTOBACCO Shares New "Extremely NSFW" Video
- NewsStream a New Modeselektor Track from the Forthcoming 'Bleep:10' Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player