City Guide: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and LA
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Four of our favorite musicians in four of our favorite cities show off their local watering holes.
In the first of our City Guide episodes, we sent cameras to four different musicians in four different cities to get an idea of what it is that keeps them rooted in their hometowns. Turns out, it's mostly the food. Kim Ann Foxman from Hercules and Love Affair, Ryan Merry (a.k.a. Ghosts on Tape), Rainbow Arabia, and Traxx represent food-wise for New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago, respectively.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant, local scenes. This episode also introduces XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player