City Guide: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and LA
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Four of our favorite musicians in four of our favorite cities show off their local watering holes.
In the first of our City Guide episodes, we sent cameras to four different musicians in four different cities to get an idea of what it is that keeps them rooted in their hometowns. Turns out, it's mostly the food. Kim Ann Foxman from Hercules and Love Affair, Ryan Merry (a.k.a. Ghosts on Tape), Rainbow Arabia, and Traxx represent food-wise for New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Chicago, respectively.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant, local scenes. This episode also introduces XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- PodcastGerd Janson
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player