- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
The duo's new mini-album and live show are a collaborative acid trip, UK-style!
Broadcast's first release since 2006's The Future Crayon is a conceptual mini-album collaboration with The Focus Group (a.k.a. British designer/filmmaker Julian House), and their recent live show incorporates a 20-minute improvised soundtrack to one of House's films. As James Cargill, the male half of the band, explains, the project was borne out of a lot of half-remembered children's television shows of the early 1970s, drug parties from Hammer films, and a couple other cultural references that Americans might not get. Here, he explains what inspired him and bandmate Trish Keenan, and how a full appreciation of their new project might require a certain adjustment of expectations.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player