Annie Pops Back Up
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
After a series of frustrating setbacks, Annie finally releases her much anticipated second album, Don't Stop.
Sure, Lady Gaga's fine and all, but Norwegian pop star Annie has a firm clutch on our bubblegum heart. Her songs are contagious and uplifting, she name-checks Bjorn Torske, and she has a wicked sense of humor. She's just released her second album, Don't Stop, after a couple years of label purgatory. Here, Annie cracks us up by talking about arson, abandoning orphans, and making the unusual leap from Island Records to Smalltown Supersound—all in a deceptively innocent-sounding Scandinavian accent.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player