City Guide: Minneapolis
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Cheap lunch, good coffee, music, parks, and kittens. We love Minneapolis.
For part two of our City Guide episodes, we sent a camera to producer and longtime MPLS resident Martin Dosh. Dosh braved the mid-November chill to show us where to find lunch for under three dollars and places to make and buy music, and then offers up some potentially apocryphal local park history.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Minneapolis edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- GearKuvo: What Is It, How Does It Work, and Is It a Good Idea? (a.k.a. an XLR8R Interview with Pioneer About Its Newest Product)
- GearAsk the Experts: Vladislav Delay
- GearIn the Studio: Surgeon
- NewsWatch a Documentary on the Club Music Culture of Colombia's Caribbean Coast
- NewsListen to a New Mix from Lucrecia Dalt
XLR8R Downloads Player