City Guide: Minneapolis
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Cheap lunch, good coffee, music, parks, and kittens. We love Minneapolis.
For part two of our City Guide episodes, we sent a camera to producer and longtime MPLS resident Martin Dosh. Dosh braved the mid-November chill to show us where to find lunch for under three dollars and places to make and buy music, and then offers up some potentially apocryphal local park history.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Minneapolis edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player