Claude VonStroke is a Dirtybird
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Producer and label founder Barclay Crenshaw (a.k.a. Claude VonStroke) takes a ride though Dirtybird history.
San Francisco house and techno label Dirtybird is a tightknit crew known for striking the bumpin' balance between goofy and grimy. Here, we get the key players—Claude VonStroke, Worthy, Justin Martin, and Christian Martin—talking about the history of the label, their infamous Golden Gate Park parties, and how the Dirtybird sound evolved. As an extra bonus, we get a highly subjective tour of San Francisco in a sweet rented convertible. Everyone wins!
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player