Claude VonStroke is a Dirtybird
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Producer and label founder Barclay Crenshaw (a.k.a. Claude VonStroke) takes a ride though Dirtybird history.
San Francisco house and techno label Dirtybird is a tightknit crew known for striking the bumpin' balance between goofy and grimy. Here, we get the key players—Claude VonStroke, Worthy, Justin Martin, and Christian Martin—talking about the history of the label, their infamous Golden Gate Park parties, and how the Dirtybird sound evolved. As an extra bonus, we get a highly subjective tour of San Francisco in a sweet rented convertible. Everyone wins!
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- NewsXosar Preps New EP for Valcrond Video
- NewsLivity Sound Preps Remix Compilation Featuring Surgeon, Pangaea, and More
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player