City Guide: Portland
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Food carts owned by rock stars, rollerskating, and a video arcade bar. It must be Portland.
For the most recent City Guide episode, we sent a camera to musician, DJ, and man-about-Portland Marius Libman (a.k.a. Copy). Copy shows us some one-of-a-kind Portland gems—a skating rink with the country's largest hanging Wurlitzer, a candy-covered breakfast spot, a video arcade bar, and food carts owned by rock n' rollers.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Portland edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player