City Guide: Portland
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
Food carts owned by rock stars, rollerskating, and a video arcade bar. It must be Portland.
For the most recent City Guide episode, we sent a camera to musician, DJ, and man-about-Portland Marius Libman (a.k.a. Copy). Copy shows us some one-of-a-kind Portland gems—a skating rink with the country's largest hanging Wurlitzer, a candy-covered breakfast spot, a video arcade bar, and food carts owned by rock n' rollers.
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Portland edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player