Dutty Artz, Dutty Future
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
DJ /Rupture and Matt Shadetek's Dutty Artz label, blog and parties are indisputably ground zero for New York's exploding global bass scene. Here, we speak with Shadetek and longtime collaborator Jahdan Blakkamoore about the rising tide of dancehall, daggering, Latin, and tropical and what it takes to push music into the future.
This episode is brought to you by XLR8R's Labels We Love compilation, the first in a series of compilations celebrating XLR8R’s favorite record labels, including music from Flamin’ Hotz, Sound Pellegrino, OstGut Ton, Graveface, Type as well as tracks from Jahdan Blakkamoore and Chief Boima of Dutty Artz. Available exclusively through iTunes.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player