Dutty Artz, Dutty Future
- Words: Kerry McLaughlin
DJ /Rupture and Matt Shadetek's Dutty Artz label, blog and parties are indisputably ground zero for New York's exploding global bass scene. Here, we speak with Shadetek and longtime collaborator Jahdan Blakkamoore about the rising tide of dancehall, daggering, Latin, and tropical and what it takes to push music into the future.
This episode is brought to you by XLR8R's Labels We Love compilation, the first in a series of compilations celebrating XLR8R’s favorite record labels, including music from Flamin’ Hotz, Sound Pellegrino, OstGut Ton, Graveface, Type as well as tracks from Jahdan Blakkamoore and Chief Boima of Dutty Artz. Available exclusively through iTunes.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player