City Guide: Denver
- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
Gettin' lifted in the Mile High City with Alex B.
While producer/label manager Alex B (né Botwin) might often get lumped in with Low End Theory's abstract beat cats of Los Angeles, he's a Colorado boy through and through. In this episode of XLR8R TV, he takes us for a trip through the kissing-cousin locales of Denver and Boulder to show us the region's vegetarian delights, its vinyl havens, and its other unique wonders (Mexican-restaurant jazz clubs, anyone?).
Since 2002, XLR8R has produced in-depth city guides by talking to the people who know cities best: the musicians and artists responsible for creating vibrant local scenes. This episode also coincides with the release of the Denver edition of XLR8R's City Guide iPhone application. To download the City Guide app, go to xlr8r.com/cityguide or type in "XLR8R Scion City Guide" in the iTunes app store.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player