Feelin' It with Yeasayer
- Words: Jennifer Marston
While Brooklyn's Yeasayer gives props to Pavement and Stephen Malkmus, the four members have no intention of carrying on the apathetic, disaffected tradition of indie rock. This is a band bent on sincerity, not shoegazing. Taking inspiration from gospel and uplifting music around the world, then infusing it with groove krautrock jams, Yeasayer has managed something eclectic yet inclusive–a feat that separates it from the usual art-school riff raff.
As San Francisco photography magazine Hamburger Eyes prepares for its book release party, two of the founders and two contributors reflect on the magazine and collective's history.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player