What You Talkin' Bout, Willits? Part 3
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Guitarist and electronic musician Christopher Willits continues his monthly series on tips and tricks for home recording. In this episode, Willits explains how to process sounds using a MIDI pick-up, a Roland GR-20 guitar synthesizer, and Ableton Live's Operator and Drum Rack.
Tune in once a month as Christopher shows us some of the ways he produces his own music, as well as the many cool things you can do with recording software.
We catch up with Bun B, XLR8R's April cover boy, in Austin, Texas at South by Southwest.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player