What You Talkin' Bout, Willits? Part 3
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Guitarist and electronic musician Christopher Willits continues his monthly series on tips and tricks for home recording. In this episode, Willits explains how to process sounds using a MIDI pick-up, a Roland GR-20 guitar synthesizer, and Ableton Live's Operator and Drum Rack.
Tune in once a month as Christopher shows us some of the ways he produces his own music, as well as the many cool things you can do with recording software.
We catch up with Bun B, XLR8R's April cover boy, in Austin, Texas at South by Southwest.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player