John Maus Wants To Scuba Dive
- Words: Jennifer Marston
John Maus already had us intrigued with his beautiful and dark OMD-like brand of synth-pop. Then we caught his intense and frenzied one-man show at South by Southwest this year and were officially obsessed. Known previously as a collaborator with Ariel Pink and Panda Bear, Maus is clearly staking a claim on his own with his new album, Love Is Real. In his real life, he's a philosophy instructor at University of Hawaii with endearingly bombastic opinions and is kinda crazy. Sigh!
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player