MUTEK Grows Older and Wiser
- Words: Jennifer Marston
XLR8R TV heads to Montreal to check out this year's edition of MUTEK. Spotlighting digital music and culture since 2000, the five-day festival has helped turn Montreal into a Mecca for electronic and experimental artists. While the programming has become more varied and accessible over the past eight years, the event has never lost sight of its boundary-pushing roots. Here, we to talk to the artists and musicians behind MUTEK and give you an exclusive peek at several of this year's highlighted performances—everyone from Modeselektor to The Field.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player