Bikes n' Beer at the Quake City Rumble
- Words: Jennifer Marston
For three days each summer, couriers from around the world descend upon the streets of San Francisco to drink beer, outrun the SFPD, and generally raise hell in a series of unsanctioned bike messenger street races. These races, known as alleycats, are infamous for brutal hill climbs, complicated tasks and testing the limits of even the most hardcore couriers—no wonder it all ends in Sparks, Bud, and illegal fireworks.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player