Hercules, Love Affair & Being a Dork
- Words: Jennifer Marston
In seemingly a matter of months, Andy Butler went from being a bedroom disco-house producer to leading Hercules & Love Affair, an eight-piece band featuring three vocalists (Antony Hegarty, Nomi Ruiz, and Kim Ann Foxman), a two-man horn section, and Shayne Oliver, a legendary dancer in the New York voguing scene. Here, Butler talks about his path from being a dorky teenage fanboy DJing in Denver gay bars to his current role as a rising New York art-disco superstar.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player