Mary Anne Hobbs: West Coast Rocks
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Music obsessive Mary Anne Hobbs has the power to make and break emerging artists on her influential BBC Radio 1 show. So when she takes a profound interest in a new music scene, you know it's something special. Lately, she's been so tapped into the what she calls West Coast Rocks—L.A. and San Francisco bass-heavy producers such as Flying Lotus, Daedelus, Lazer Sword, Ghosts on Tape, Samiyam, and Gaslamp Killer (just to name a few)—that she made a special pilgrimage to see it with her own eyes. Here, she discusses the impact this scene has had not only on her, but on music globally.
- GearThis Week in Music Tech: Mike Huckaby's Ableton Masterclass, In the Studio with Gregor Tresher and Ziro, and More
- NewsPaul Johnson, Jerome LOL, Untold, The Gaslamp Killer, and More Added to Together 2014
- MP3Alcides "Violeta (El Remolón Remix)"
- MP3Arp "White Light"
- MP3Copywrite "Forever and a Day"
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
- Hi-Five - DJ Q Reminisces About His Five Favorite UK Garage Bootlegs
XLR8R Downloads Player