Mary Anne Hobbs: West Coast Rocks
- Words: Jennifer Marston
Music obsessive Mary Anne Hobbs has the power to make and break emerging artists on her influential BBC Radio 1 show. So when she takes a profound interest in a new music scene, you know it's something special. Lately, she's been so tapped into the what she calls West Coast Rocks—L.A. and San Francisco bass-heavy producers such as Flying Lotus, Daedelus, Lazer Sword, Ghosts on Tape, Samiyam, and Gaslamp Killer (just to name a few)—that she made a special pilgrimage to see it with her own eyes. Here, she discusses the impact this scene has had not only on her, but on music globally.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
XLR8R Downloads Player