XLR8R's Roy Dank braves the Vegas fashion trade shows so you don't have to. Sneak a peek at upcoming designs from Paul Frank, 10 Deep, Upper Playground and more of our favorite designers to see what you'll be wearing in the year to come. (Hint: it won't be all-over prints.) Read more »
DJ Eleven and Matthew Africa are responsible for one of the year's best mixtapes - Dirty Raps: The Best of Too $hort. In this episode, they walk you through how they did it - from choosing songs down to preferred kbps rates for MP3s, and give a nice history of Too $hort and mixtapes themselves along the way.
Read more »
Drew Daniel and Martin Schmidt (a.k.a. Matmos) put San Francisco on the map as a hotspot for groundbreaking electronic music. Now, as they pack up and head for a new life in Baltimore, they reflect on the effect the Bay Area (and the dot-com boom) had on their music, and speculate on what's ahead. Read more »
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player