Processing drums and guitar using Ableton Live's audio effects racks.
In this episode, Christopher shows us some accessible ways to do make weird sounds using stock plug-ins in Ableton Live. He shows how to use them along with automation clips to sequence processing—specifically drum and guitar tracks.
Read more »
For our third installment of our occasional Tune in an Afternoon series, we challenged Seattle producers Dave Pezzner (a.k.a. Pezzner) and Jeff McIlwain (a.k.a. Lusine) to record a track using mainly sounds collected on a light-rail trip to the waterfront. Watch as they talk to birds, use secret microphones, and ponder bpms, and then download the track here! Read more »
We sit in as Anticon's Doseone teaches his weekly freestyle class with some help from bandmate Jel.
Veteran freestyler Doseone has plenty of wisdom to dole out on cyphers, crutches, "getting open," and the world beyond Lil Wayne, but as we observed, the schooling is hardly one way. Dose, Jel, and fellow instructor Kev seem to be getting just as much from this circle of budding Oakland MCs (aged 12-18) as they're giving out. Be sure to watch out for 13-year-old Tyrone—he spits fire! Read more »
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player