Processing drums and guitar using Ableton Live's audio effects racks.
In this episode, Christopher shows us some accessible ways to do make weird sounds using stock plug-ins in Ableton Live. He shows how to use them along with automation clips to sequence processing—specifically drum and guitar tracks.
Read more »
For our third installment of our occasional Tune in an Afternoon series, we challenged Seattle producers Dave Pezzner (a.k.a. Pezzner) and Jeff McIlwain (a.k.a. Lusine) to record a track using mainly sounds collected on a light-rail trip to the waterfront. Watch as they talk to birds, use secret microphones, and ponder bpms, and then download the track here! Read more »
We sit in as Anticon's Doseone teaches his weekly freestyle class with some help from bandmate Jel.
Veteran freestyler Doseone has plenty of wisdom to dole out on cyphers, crutches, "getting open," and the world beyond Lil Wayne, but as we observed, the schooling is hardly one way. Dose, Jel, and fellow instructor Kev seem to be getting just as much from this circle of budding Oakland MCs (aged 12-18) as they're giving out. Be sure to watch out for 13-year-old Tyrone—he spits fire! Read more »
- Feature20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- NewsCheck Out Voices from the Lake's Ambient Mix for Beats in Space
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- 20 Questions - Garnier Talks Teenage Radio Shows, Living in the South of France, and Paying Way Too Much for The KLF
- Hi-Five - P. Morris Revisits His Roots and Lists His Five Favorite Go-Go Tracks
- A Generous Environment: Thoughts, Ideas, and Questions from patten
- Hi-Five - Kerri Chandler Lists the Five Tracks That Influenced Him the Most
XLR8R Downloads Player