We turned this episode of XLR8R TV over to filmmaker Peter Glantz, who went to Providence, Rhode Island's Foo Fest to take a closer look at the festival's two main attractions—Lightning Bolt and Sun Ra Arkestra. Lightning Bolt, Providence's epic noise duo headed up by Brian Chippendale and Brian Gibson, is known for surprising, chaotic, and often transcendent performances. Read more »
Lyrical gymnasts Anti-Pop Consortium return to the studio after a six-year hiatus.
After releasing an album on Warp and touring with Radiohead, the boundary-pushing Anti-Pop Consortium broke up in 2003.
Six years and various solo projects later, they reunited and returned to the studio to record a new album, Fluorescent Black. Here, Chicago-based filmmaker Joey Garfield gets an intimate look at Beans, High Priest, M. Sayyid and Earl Blaize as they get used to each other again after all these years. Read more »
Ekhi and Igor from Spanish synth-pop band Delorean show us summer, Barcelona-style.
Originally from the Basque country, Delorean has evolved over the years from straight-up indie rock to '80s-influenced melodic dance pop. The band just released its first recording in three years, the Ayrton Senna EP . Here, Ekhi and Igor show us Jesus-less churches, horchata made from chufa, and make it very clear that tapas are nothing like pinxtos. Okay? Read more »
The prolific jungle obsessive and former sushi chef talks New York Garage and makes an Atlantic roll.
This year has been explosive for New York producer Drew Lustman (a.k.a. FaltyDL). He has three releases on Planet Mu and is breaking new ground with his 2-step/U.K. garage beats. Here, he explains how he learned focus and discipline while working as a sushi chef and shows you how to make an East Coast classic, the Atlantic roll. Read more »
We interrupt our usual broadcasting to bring you a special preview of the unreleased Max for Live!
Ableton gave Christopher Willits the green light to show off some of the features from the not-yet-released Max for Live. If you're a digital-signal-processing dork like us, you know this represents an exciting leap forward. Read more »
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player