- Words: Jennifer Marston
On their tracks or onstage, Late of the Pier have a reputation for evoking the spastic kind of energy that causes one to do things like start a mosh pit and rip one's t-shirt off. In the Megaforce-directed video for "Heartbeat," similar tactics are applied. You'll find band members shoving one another around, dragging lead singer Sam Dust along by his arms, jumping frantically through trippy, optical illusion-type rooms, and occasionally appearing in various states of undress.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
XLR8R Downloads Player