- Words: Jennifer Marston
Yelle "Ce Jeu" from XLR8R Magazine on Vimeo.
Yelle most definitely loves her costumes. We've seen the French chanteuse decked out in everything from Technicolor aerobics clothes to one of those happy face dresses in her last visual endeavor, and last week she sent out an announcement stating that those attending one of her U.S.tour dates should don homemade masks for the occasion. So it comes as little surprise that the latest video, for "Ce Jeu," off last year's Pop-Up, finds Yelle and her boys, Tepr and Grand Marnier, making attire the focus of the visuals (that and dance moves, of course). Perhaps this is inspiration for the upcoming Halloween holiday, although we suspect bright colors and zebra stripes are just another day for these three feel-good music makers.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player