- Words: Jennifer Marston
Yelle "Ce Jeu" from XLR8R Magazine on Vimeo.
Yelle most definitely loves her costumes. We've seen the French chanteuse decked out in everything from Technicolor aerobics clothes to one of those happy face dresses in her last visual endeavor, and last week she sent out an announcement stating that those attending one of her U.S.tour dates should don homemade masks for the occasion. So it comes as little surprise that the latest video, for "Ce Jeu," off last year's Pop-Up, finds Yelle and her boys, Tepr and Grand Marnier, making attire the focus of the visuals (that and dance moves, of course). Perhaps this is inspiration for the upcoming Halloween holiday, although we suspect bright colors and zebra stripes are just another day for these three feel-good music makers.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player