Gerd Janson has mixed fabric 89, which is coming out on August 19.
"Recording mixes is always very painful for me—especially if I know that someone is going to spend money on it," says the Running Back founder. "My self-confidence as a DJ is at gutter level, and doing one for fabric, as part of a series amongst the best of the best, is quite intimidating. Plus, it's a club, so I shied away from my tried-and-tested mixtape method of boring people for the first 74 minutes. I ended up choosing some records that I played and enjoyed a lot over the last few months in a party context, mingled them with some exclusives and up-and-coming ones and tried to eternise the valleys and the mountains of a 12-hour-long epic journey onto one silver disc."
Ahead of the compilaiton's release, you can head clips over on the fabric website.
01. Todd Terje "Snooze 4 Love" (Luke Abbott Remix)
02. John Talabot "Voices" (fabric Edit)
03. Traumprinz "Love Yeah"
04. Shan "The City Never Sleeps"
05. Boddika & Joy Orbison "Severed Seven"
06. Mateo Murphy "Apex"
07. Geeeman "Wanna Go Bang" (Catz 'N Dogz Edit)
08. Q-Burns Abstract Message "Mess Of Afros" (Glenn Underground Remix)
09. Inner Sense "MoTP"
10. Mike Ash "Return To Acid"
11. Nick Höppner "Relate" (The Black Madonna Remix)
12. HMC "Marauder"
13. Joe Claussell "Rhythm"
14. Roger Van Lunteren "Hills, I Want You"
15. Scott Grooves "Finished"
16. Caribou "Sun" (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
Fabric Records will release fabric 89 on August 19, 2016.