Jon Hopkins has been tapped to deliver the next Late Night Tales mix CD. Set to arrive in March, Hopkins' contribution to the long-running series will incorporate tracks from Four Tet, Teebs, Nils Frahm, Holy Other, Bibio, School of Seven Bells, and others as the mix weaves its way through a "beautiful and hypnotic sequence of songs, instrumentals, and cinematic electronics."
"Putting this album together was a unique opportunity for me to present music that I have been listening to for years, free from the constraints of a club setting or from trying to stick to one genre," Hopkins explains in a press release. "I chose tracks not just because they have been important to me but because of how they sit together, putting as much thought into the transitions and overall narrative as I did into the track choices," he continues, "I mixed by key and by texture more than anything else, using original sound design, pivot notes, and often recording new synth or piano parts to link things together in a way that flows as naturally as possible."
Hopkins' resulting hybrid contribution to the reflective Late Night Tales series will see its official release on March 1. In the meantime, the record's artwork and complete tracklist have been included below.
1. Ben Lukas Boysen "Sleepers Beat Theme (Unreleased)"
2. Darkstar "Hold Me Down"
3. Holy Other "YrLove"
4. Teebs "Verbena Tea (with Rebekah Raff)"
5. Nils Frahm "More"
6. Songs of Green Pheasant "I am Daylights"
7. Jonsi & Alex Daniell "In the Sea"
8. Evenings "Babe"
9. Letherette "After Dawn"
10. Jon Hopkins "I Remember (Yeasayer Cover Version)"
11. David Holmes "Hey Maggy"
12. Alela Diane "Lady Divinev"
13. Four Tet "Gillie Amma I Love You"
14. School of Seven Bells "Connjur"
15. Peter Broderick "And It's Alright (Nils Frahm Remix)"
16. Health "Before Tigers (Gold Panda Remix)"
17. Last Days "Missing Photos"
18. Bibio "Down to the Sound"
19. A Winged Victory for the Sullen "Requiem For The Static King 1"
20. Helios "Emancipation"
21. Rick Holland "I Remember (Exclusive Spoken Word Piece)"