For those unfamiliar, XLR8R+ is a monthly subscription service supporting XLR8R and independent music and culture. A subscription gets you three exclusive tracks every month, plus a zine, wallpaper artwork, and other goodies such as sample packs, free event tickets, vinyl giveaways, and more.
This month's edition is our first curated package, a special edition focusing on the fertile creative scene of Iceland and artists in Bjarki's orbit. Joining him on this edition are EVA808, the rising Iceland-born, Sweden-based producer, who delivers “Low Hoe,” an emotive dancefloor cut full of heavy beats that shows why she is regarded as one of bass music's fast-rising artists. Up next, enigmatic alien Volruptus returns to XLR8R with a typically warped slice of broken-beat madness, before the elusive Kuldaboli rounds out the edition with some breakneck techno.
Alongside the tracks, Bjarki has offered up a sample pack used on his most recent album, Happy Earthday, featuring a range of processed loops, field recordings, instruments, and more. He’s also as well penned an essay on his history and how Iceland and its artists have influenced his sound.
This month's package features:
* Three exclusive, previously unreleased tracks from Volruptus, EVA808, and Kuldaboli.
* Bjarki sample pack featuring 59 samples (field recordings, percussion, processed loops, etc.) used as the basis for his recent Happy Earthday album.
* 14-page PDF zine with information on the artists, a Q&A with EVA808 and an exclusive letter from Bjarki charting his history.
* Wallpaper artwork for both desktop and phone.
* Private 50-track streaming playlist.