Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, we've created The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the best tidbits from our site.
- Techno heavyweight Shed put together a storming mix for the XLR8R podcast series.
- Gatekeeper took us inside its plant- and synth-filled domain and talked gear in our latest installment of In the Studio.
- We compiled a list of our Top 20 Downloads from July.
- Brotherly UK duo Disclosure announced a new remix EP and gave away a free mix.
- As part of our High Five series, the UK's Oneman dug into YouTube and showed us five of his favorite 'hood' videos.
- LA/Montreal duo LOL Boys premiered its video-chat-centric new video for "Changes."
- We offered up a pair of Urbanears headphones for our weekly contest; don't worry, it's not too late to enter!
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown