Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Bristol stalwart Addison Groove (pictured above) stepped in for the latest installment of Artist Tips and shared a few of his production secrets.
2. The second episode of RBMA's Diggin in the Carts documentary series—which explores the history of videogame music—premiered this week.
3. Miami producer Danny Daze was at the helm of the newest XLR8R podcast.
4. Groundislava turned in a highly entertaining edition of our Hi-Five series, in which he detailed his five favorite "emotional rave anthems."
5. SBTRKT shared a stream of "Higher," another track from his forthcoming new LP.
6. XLR8R premiered a video from Melbourne producer and Mexican Summer affiliate Andras Fox, who released a new EP this week.
7. Jacques Greene went through his archives and found an edit he did of The Weekend's "What You Need" from 2011, so he elected to offer it up as a free download.
8. Berlin-based producer Xosar announced that she will be issuing a new record via Opal Tapes' Black Opal vinyl series later this year.
9. A new remix from leftfield grime producer MssingNo debuted on XLR8R.
10. Veteran artist Clark shared the details of his forthcoming new LP for Warp.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown