Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast was assembled by Brooklyn producer and leftfield techno explorer Ital (pictured above).
2. British producer Bonobo offered up a new mix.
3. Esteemed gear manufacturer Roland introduced the SBX-1, a sync box that's being debuted as part of its new AIRA line.
4. The first single from Aphex Twin's highly anticipated Syro album surfaced online.
5. With the calendar flipping to September this week, we went back and tabulated the Top 20 Downloads that appeared on XLR8R in August.
6. With his new album set for release early next month, Flying Lotus shared another new track from the LP, this one featuring a contribution from rapper Kendrick Lamar.
7. Korg announced that it will be releasing two new versions of its well-regarded Electribe series this fall.
8. Also on the gear front, Native Instruments shared the details of the next generation of its flagship software suite, Komplete 10, while also revealing its forthcoming line of Kontrol S-Series keyboard controllers.
9. London hip-hop producer Paul White has a new LP coming via R&S, and ahead of its release, he shared a remix of album cut "Where You Gonna Go?" by Detroit veteran Andrés.
10. We took a closer look at LANDR, a new "algorithmic digital mastering tool," and pondered its potential impact on the future of audio mastering.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown