Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast was a crunchy, electro-funk-laden session from Funkineven (pictured above) that consisted almost entirely of unreleased music.
2. Barcelona's annual Sónar festival is already underway, but before it got started, we published a guide that included our recommendations for the week's best unofficial Off-Sónar events.
3. The storied Warp label announced an upcoming celebration of its 25th anniversary. Set to take place in Krakow this September, the events will feature Autechre, Hudson Mohawke, Squarepusher, Rustie, Battles, patten, and more.
4. Just days after announcing his long-awaited new Plastikman album, Richie Hawtin shared a stream of the full LP.
5. Veteran French producer Para One unveiled the details of his forthcoming new album.
6. Night Slugs co-founder L-Vis 1990 gave away his edit of Sade's classic "Never Thought I'd See the Day."
7. We premiered a stream of Morgan Geist's remix of Nightmares on Wax's "Biofeedback."
8. Rising UK talent FKA Twigs announced that she would soon be releasing her debut LP via Young Turks.
9. Ahead of its release next week, the new album from UK producer Lone was streamed in full online.
10. A full stream of Martyn's forthcoming new full-length also surfaced this week.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown