Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. This week's XLR8R podcast came from Bristol veteran Peverelist (pictured above), who delivered a fresh dose of the low-end-heavy sounds of his hometown.
2. Following a trip to Montreal for the 2013 edition of the annual MUTEK festival, our review compiled a list of 13 things we wouldn't forget about the festivities.
3. As we do at the start of every month, we kicked off June by assembling a list of the top 20 tracks from our Downloads section during May.
4. The always unconventional Moodymann unexpectedly dropped a new album this week.
5. The latest installment of our In the Studio series found us paying a visit to the Los Angeles studio of Fade to Mind bossman Kingdom.
6. Ahead of his forthcoming new LP, Siriusmo premiered a new video for album cuts "Itchy" and "Corner Boy" here on XLR8R.
7. UK duo Disclosure released its much talked-about debut album this week, and we added to the conversation by taking a look Deep Inside the LP.
8. Our newest Bubblin' Up artist is LA beatmaker and Anticon signee D33J.
9. Barcelona producer Alizzz gave us his bombastic—and Rustie-reminiscent—"In Chains" as a free download.
10. It was a big week for new electronic albums, which helps explain why so many people were taking a look at our review of Immunity, the stellar new LP from UK producer Jon Hopkins.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content, including a complete listing of all the free downloads we've offered in the past seven days, should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown