Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Coinciding with the release of his new Fabric mix CD, Berlin techno stalwart Marcel Dettmann (pictured above) stepped up for the latest edition of Artist Tips, in which he shared five keys to being a good DJ.
2. The legendary Aphex Twin revealed the first details of his forthcoming new album, Syro, on Monday via the deep web. A few days later, Warp confirmed the tracklist and all of the specifics surrounding the LP, including the release date.
3. London producer Ikonika has a new EP on the way, and in advance of its release, she detailed the five most essential pieces of her studio set-up.
4. SoundCloud announced that it would be adding advertising, royalty collection, and subscription services to its popular streaming platform.
5. This week's XLR8R podcast is an eclectic session put together by Future Times co-founder Maxmillion Dunbar.
6. A video of Todd Terje's ambitious headlining live set from the recent Øya Festival in Norway was posted online.
7. Scottish DJ Jackmaster volunteered for the latest edition of 20 Questions, and wound up talking about fast food, his history with Rubadub, and how he copes with the non-stop party loop.
8. Xosar will soon be releasing a new EP via Luke Wyatt's growing Valcrond Video imprint.
9. UK duo Dusky shared a stream of a new track from a forthcoming new mix CD from the Anjunadeep label.
10. Toro Y Moi announced that he will soon be releasing the debut LP from his Les Sins project.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown