Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. The newest installment of Artist Tips was delivered by the men of Mister Saturday Night (pictured above), who expounded on the elaborate efforts they undertake to ensure that the DJ booth at their parties is set up properly.
2. Maya Jane Coles' new From the Dark EP arrives this week via the Mobilee label, and XLR8R premiered a stream of the title track.
4. This week's XLR8R podcast was put together by Brooklyn producer and L.I.E.S. affiliate Gunnar Haslam.
5. UK selectors Joy Orbison and Ben UFO were this week's guests on the long-running Beats in Space radio show, and their sets are now streaming online.
6. Berghain resident and techno stalwart Ben Klock unveiled a new mix for FACT.
7. XLR8R premiered a stream of Power of Anonymity, the new LP from Dutch-born, Berlin-based producer Steffi on Ostgut Ton.
8. Nina Kraviz shared the details of the upcoming first release from her newly launched ???? label.
9. The latest Bubblin' Up put a spotlight on rising San Francisco-based producer and Leaving Records affiliate Brogan Bentley.
10. Andy Stott released his new album, Faith in Strangers, this week, and our official review weighed in with our thoughts on the LP.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown