Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Red Bull Studios has launched a new project enlisting five producers from around the world to remix Jessie Ware, and videos documenting the contributions from Nina Kraviz and Pional surfaced online this week.
2. Aphex Twin surprised everyone by offering up a collection of unreleased tracks for free download.
3. The latest installment of 20 Questions found Machinedrum (pictured above) answering queries about his favorite record, his tireless work ethic, and what he's got coming up in the year ahead.
4. Pioneerannounced the upcoming release of the XDJ-1000, a digital deck that looks like its popular CDJ line but only plays music from USB sticks.
5. This week's XLR8R podcast was delivered by footwork innovator and rising Teklife talent DJ Earl.
6. A new chapter of FACT's Against the Clock video series surfaced this week, the latest showcasing Tin Manbuilding a beat in just 10 minutes.
7. After spending the bulk of last week in Turin, Italy for the annual Club to Club festival, our official review documented many of its highs and lows.
8. Our Get Familiar series took a closer look at Chicago producer and "self-described weirdo" Beau Wanzer.
9. XLR8R had the chance to premiere a new remix from Leon Vyenhall; the track is being released as part of a new EP compilation on UK label Artful Division.
10. Caribou shared a mix on SoundCloud that was originally issued as a bonus CD with his recent Our Love LP via music retailer Rough Trade.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown