Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. UK techno auteur Blawan (pictured above) has put together a new rework of Tripeo for one of the Dutch producer's upcoming remix EPs, and we premiered a stream of the track here on XLR8R.
2. Last week, famed London nightspot Plastic People unexpectedly announced its immediate closure, and put together a final night for the public with Four Tet and Floating Points behind the decks. The two selectors played for six hours, and then shared a recording of the session online.
3. This week's XLR8R podcast tied in with our Bubblin' Up Week series and featured an exclusive mix from San Francisco selector and Honey Soundsystem resident Jason Kendig.
4. Speaking of Bubblin' Up Week, the series kicked off with an in-depth profile of Cologne-based artist and Cómeme affiliate Lena Willikens.
5. In celebration of the new year, the Erased Tapes label gave away a free compilation that includes music from Nils Frahm, Rival Consoles, Kiasmos, and more.
6. We wrapped up Bubblin' Up Week this morning with quick looks at 10 Artists to Watch in 2015.
7. Jus-Ed's Underground Quality label has issued a special compilation for its 10th anniversary that features tracks from DJ Koze, Lawrence, and others.
8. The top track from our Downloads section this week came from Italian producer Indian Wells, whose lush and hazy "Alcantara" will appear on his forthcoming new LP.
9. Snoop Dogg and Dam-Funk rekindled their 7 Days of Funk project and shared two new tracks to kick off the new year.
10. Another one of our Bubblin' Up Week features took a closer look at Colombian-born, Berlin-based avant-garde explorer Lucrecia Dalt.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown