Throughout the week, a whole lot of material gets posted here on XLR8R. And while we know—and love—that some hardcore readers will eagerly pour over every single news story, interview, podcast, video, and MP3 download that appears on the site, we also realize that for most people, it's impossible to see everything, which means that some quality XLR8R content is likely to get missed in the hustle and bustle of everyone's daily lives. In the interest of making it easier for everyone to catch up, every Friday we present The Lowdown, a weekly wrap-up of the top 10 tidbits from our site.
1. Our latest In The Studio feature takes a look inside the analog-heavy cave of Bristol-based Sam Watts (a.k.a. Maxxi Soundsystem).
2. This week's XLR8R podcast is a deep and melodic mix assembled by Atomnation label head, Applescal.
3. Native Instruments officially launched its open file format Stems this week, with Beatport, Juno, and Bleep, among others, now selling the files.
4. Jeff Mills, one of the founding fathers of techno, is set to compose three new tracks inspired by illustrious Dutch painter Rembrandt during the upcoming ADE
5. Ahead of this weekends Low End Theory Festival, XLR8R sat down with Daddy Kev, The Gaslamp Killer, and DJ Nobody to look back at ten years of aural experimentation at Low End Theory.
7. Pioneering British duo Idjut Boys joined us for a Q&A as they prepare to release a stack of new music.
8. Hear an acid-driven track from Avalon Emerson's new EP on Shtum.
9. A new edition of our Hi-Five series popped up this week with legendary 20/20 Vision label head, Ralph Lawson.
10. The most popular tune in our Downloads section this week came from Austrian artist Bendejo, whose "Unravel" combines beautiful piano and string work for a nine minute slice of deepness.
An expanded version of the The Lowdown is also available via a weekly email newsletter. Those interested in an even more in-depth round-up of XLR8R content should sign up by entering their email address below.
Subscribe to the XLR8R Lowdown