Charlotte had a massive collaboration earlier this year with Oscar & The Wolf titled "You’re Mine," and is now back with a new EP under her own name, doing away with her departed moniker. When asked about the reasons for moving on from the alias, De Witte spoke about how she originally created the name because she wanted to avoid the stereotypes that come with being a female DJ, and how artists like Nina Kravitz and Maya Jane Coles paved the way for artists like her to be known for their skills. Weltschmerz comes with five original tracks that are all in line with De Wittes' informed and moody techno subtleties, and XLR8R is happy to share the track "Relatives of None," which is the dirtiest of the productions and sounds the most at home on Turbo.
To celebrate the release of the Weltschmerz EP, Charlotte De Witte is offering to giveaway a vinyl copy of her new record to one of our lucky readers. For your chance to win, all you have to do is enter your name and email info in the form below. The winner will be drawn at the end of the week. You can purchase your copy of the vinyl today over on Juno and you can purchase the EP digitally over on Beatport. You can also find out more about Charlotte De Witte by visiting the Turbo Recordings website.
Terms and Conditions:
- The promoter is, Turbo Recordings and agent, XLR8R.com whose registered office is at 837 Traction Ave #304, Los Angeles, CA 90013, USA.2. Employees of Turbo Recordings, Charlotte De Witte, XLR8R.com or their family members or anyone helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be Thursday, December 20 2015 at 11:59AM (PST). After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: Only 1 entry per email address accepted Must be 18 years of age or older to enter Prize is for 1 vinyl record of Charlotte De Witte Weltschmerz EP on Turbo.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random from all valid entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email within 8 hours of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 1 day of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of US.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current US data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entries into the competition will automatically opt-in email for XLR8R.com weekly email newsletter, The Lowdown. User may unsubscribe at anytime.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.